Saturday, February 27, 2010

a quick and tasty supper

I didn't get around to preparing dinner until after seven last evening, so decided on something with simple prep that would make use of the nice piece of haddock I'd bought in the morning. An Italian fish soup was appealing, so I made a broth of white wine, saffron, tomatoes, orange peel, garlic and onions. I added the fish, which I'd cut into cubes, for the last five minutes and meanwhile grilled some baguetter slices, which I rubbed with a garlic clove, then put in the bottom of my soup plate. I ladled the soup atop the bread and sat down to a fragrant, delicious meal.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a talented writer. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Finally can comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog