Friday, March 26, 2010

raiding the freezer

I had a nice-size roasting chicken in the freezer and decided to prepare it for dinner with a plan to use the leftovers in a flavorful, colorful pasta dish to serve four generously over the weekend. I laid some onions and carrots, chunked up, in the roasting pan, as a bed for the chicken. After seasoning the bird generously with salt, pepper and fresh lemon thyme from the pots on my windowsill, I put lemon halves and garlic and onion inside the cavity and poured some white wine around the chicken. I roasted it at 375 until almost done, when I upped the heat to 400, to produce a wonderfully crisp skin. A simple escarole salad, good bread and a glass of white wine - perfect. Tomorrow I'll prepare the farfalle with pieces of the chicken, cut up tomatoes, goat cheese and caramelized onions. With this, grilled asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog